Halo: Reach (PC) Known Issues List Update: 1/29/20
Server Relays Blocking Matchmaking: We received reports yesterday that players were having troubles finding matches with relays enabled. After further investigation, an issue was discovered, and as of this morning we believe this is now resolved. We will continue to monitor relay performance and matchmaking.
Top Community Reported Issues
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and work has continued since the last update. We hope to have some more in depth discussions on this in the February Development blog. This ongoing work has also led to preemptive fixes to help prevent similar issues from occurring in future MCC PC releases
Co-Op Latency: At this time, we have not been able to identify any issues around this feature and the functionality is on par with the rest of MCC. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn’t within the realm of what the team can currently support.
Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. This is still on our list but nothing active on this one in January as we try to tackle higher priority issues.
Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: We have added this to our issues list because while it’s not at the top of any list that is visible, problems with achievements have been one of the most reported issues through our customer support team. That team is continuing to work though these issues but due to the volume, this is going to take much more time for us to get through.
The good news here – we are not ignoring these tickets. Our support agents are likely to ask you follow-up questions to help the investigation, please try your best to work with them and leave your frustration out of that conversation.
Additional Known Issues
- Player’s character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
- When using the narration feature, all menu options are not read for all screens.
- When playing Co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
- When updating MCC on 12/3 and beyond, the local map and game type migration message can disappear for up to several minutes showing a black screen (Full KBA).
- A crash or soft lock can occur when signing out a 2nd/guest profile on the Seasons or Customization screen.
- Players are unable to join in progress for a Forge on any title.
- Campaign gameplay doesn’t pause if controller disconnects during loading screen and gameplay cannot be paused going forward. To get out of this state, please quit and relaunch the game.
- When playing a Halo CE custom multiplayer game, if the host leaves the game will end.
- Halo 2: Anniversary’s Stonetown map’s performance drops to 45 fps when staring at the fan.
- Halo 2 Classic audio is compressed compared to the original release, losing impact and fidelity.
- Audio is compressed compared to the original release.
- Aiming feels looser in MCC compared to the original release.
- When reloading checkpoints, the title will crash: Please start the missions or playlists over to avoid these crashes. This is a side effect of several fixes made that required content rebuilds.
Won’t Fix and By Design Known Issues
- The ability view screenshots from My Files and the ability to take screenshots have been removed from Theater mode.
- If you as a client disconnect from a custom match during loading, you can enter multiple load screens without an error message.
- If two controllers are active and the primary disconnects, the 2nd controller becomes the active controller.
- With the Duke control scheme Switch grenade is mapped to LB and Flashlight is mapped to RB.
- Players who have picked up the active camo powerup are easier to see when moving on non-title update (vanilla) settings than title update (TU) settings.