Halo: Reach (PC) Known Issues List Update: 12/20/19
Server Relays Blocking Matchmaking: We received reports yesterday that players were having troubles finding matches with relays enabled. After further investigation, an issue was discovered, and as of this morning we believe this is now resolved. We will continue to monitor relay performance and matchmaking.
Top Community Reported Issues
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue present at launch and the team is working to resolve this. Unfortunately, it is not a quick fix and is one that will require quite a bit of work and time to resolve. The team is already working on it and will share an update when more progress and details are available.
Co-Op Latency: We are investigating if there has been any regressed performance in online co-op from the original legacy Xbox 360 behavior. Co-op campaign play uses P2P networking and we’re aware that some players are reporting high latency and a poor experience when playing Campaign together. This is an area the team will continue to monitor but given the complexities of P2P networking and the underlying net code of Reach, the extent to which this issue can be addressed is still TBD. At this time, we have not been able to identify any issues around this feature and the functionality is on par with the rest of MCC.
Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. We will continue to monitor feedback around this but have no changes planned to this feature at this time.
Additional Known Issues
- Player’s character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
- When using the narration feature, all menu options are not read for all screens.
- When playing Co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
- When updating MCC on 12/3 and beyond, the local map and game type migration message can disappear for up to several minutes showing a black screen (Full KBA).
- A crash or soft lock can occur when signing out a 2nd/guest profile on the Seasons or Customization screen.
- Players are unable to join in progress for a Forge on any title.
- Campaign gameplay doesn’t pause if controller disconnects during loading screen and gameplay cannot be paused going forward. To get out of this state, please quit and relaunch the game.
- When playing a Halo CE custom multiplayer game, if the host leaves the game will end.
- Halo 2: Anniversary’s Stonetown map’s performance drops to 45 fps when staring at the fan.
- Halo 2 Classic audio is compressed compared to the original release, losing impact and fidelity.
- Audio is compressed compared to the original release.
- Aiming feels looser in MCC compared to the original release.
- When reloading checkpoints, the title will crash: Please start the missions or playlists over to avoid these crashes. This is a side effect of several fixes made that required content rebuilds.
Won’t Fix and By Design Known Issues
- The ability view screenshots from My Files and the ability to take screenshots have been removed from Theater mode.
- If you as a client disconnect from a custom match during loading, you can enter multiple load screens without an error message.
- If two controllers are active and the primary disconnects, the 2nd controller becomes the active controller.
- With the Duke control scheme Switch grenade is mapped to LB and Flashlight is mapped to RB.
- Players who have picked up the active camo powerup are easier to see when moving on non-title update (vanilla) settings than title update (TU) settings.