In order to sign out of your Xbox Live Account on Steam, please perform the following steps:
- From the main menu, press R to open your Active Roster
- Click on your Gamertag
- Select “Change Profile”
- Select "Yes" on the confirmation screen to logout of Xbox Live
Resolving Infinite Sign-Out Loop
When signing in with an account that has never played Halo: The Master Chief Collection before, you will be presented with a "Let this app access your info" prompt. If you declined this prompt, you will not be able to play. Some users are reporting they are unable to sign out at this point after selecting no. When trying to sign in again, the sign in window will attempt to appear, but error and not allow a user to sign in.
If you are stuck in this loop, you will need to to remove the webcache data contained in your Windows users AppData folder. Below are the steps to locate and remove the files to exit this loop:
- Navigate to your local AppData's webcache folder which can be found at "C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Saved\webcache"
- Alternatively, paste this into your explorer window bar: %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Saved\webcache
- Delete all files in this location
- Launch the game
- Sign into the preferred Xbox Live account and allow the app to access your info