Top Community Reported Issues
Audio Issues: Players have reported various issues regarding game audio not sounding as expected (muffled, inconsistent volume, low quality, etc.). This is a known issue we are actively working to improve. The “Adding All the Audio” section in the MCC Development Update for February outlines work relating to this. No ETA to share on when these changes will be in for Halo: Reach but things are well underway.
Stuttering Issue: This has been a hard one to lock down and we are still investigating. Our investigation has progressed and forked into two paths:
- 3rd party software: We are working with partners to see if there are ways to improve how we handle some of the more problematic software between us, them, and EAC. Examples include keyboard lighting applications or other peripheral customizable option applications.
- Uncapped framerate: Prototyping on a framerate limiter has shown some good initial results of stuttering going away once a cap is set to what your monitor supports.
If you're experiencing this issue and haven't yet filed a support ticket, please do so - the more information we get, the more effectively we can get to the root of what's going on. Here's how to create a ticket.
Screen-tearing / V-sync issues: There have been some bugs fixes around this that will be in one of our upcoming patches and we will continue to address issues as they pop up. As a reminder, if V-Sync is off, screen tearing will happen. In order to isolate this issue we would like users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
Mouse Input: We have seen a small percentage of players reporting this as an issue, please continue to submit support tickets if you experience input delay problems. This is an area of the game that we will continue to monitor and improve upon where we can.
A previous patch released addressed an issue that improved the input performance and experience for mouse and keyboard players. We’re eager to hear the community’s feedback, please let us know how this change feels for you. Don't forget, users who are experiencing issues to please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
View Model: We’re aware that when altering the default FOV the view model is larger and not scaling as players would like. This work is still in progress and the latest information can be found in the MCC Development Update for February’s Design Updates sub-section “Sustaining Halo: Reach and Halo: MCC Overall.
Aim Assist / Controller vs. M+KB: This continues to remain high on our list and we are actively talking through solutions. Nothing to share in this update, but we hope to have some more to talk about in our MCC Development Update in March.
Additional Known Issues
- Prior to installing Halo: Reach, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
- Unable to enter Halo: Reach after setting language to Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean.
- For Steam – please see troubleshooting steps (Full KBA).
- Player’s character model appears to desync briefly when moving after an assassination.
- When playing co-op or multiplayer, players will appear to play a falling animation when entering an elevator.
- Cutscenes during Tip of the Spear can see performance drops using AMD graphics cards.
- When trying to “Save As” File Share game types and maps that are not Halo: Reach they appear corrupted on relaunch of Halo: Reach. This is because you don’t have the content required to play them.