With today’s update, there have been many improvements made to issues reported by the community. As development and feedback continues, we will keep tracking these issues to improve and/or resolve them. The following are items resolved as of 7/14/2020 in build #1.1698.0.0.
Resolved and Updated Community Issues
- Fixed an issue where spamming the plasma pistol’s trigger would cause the charge-up sound to stick.
- Rocket Warthog can now be manually reloaded.
- Fixed an issue where some starting weapons were not respected on Rat Race.
- Gameplay audio should no longer be heard in the background while a terminal plays in Co-Op Campaign.
Top Community Issues
Achievement Awarding Issues: We are aware of some various achievement issues since launch for Steam players including the “All According to Plan” Achievement. We are currently investigating several and will have more updates in the future based on results from our investigations.
Unable to Pick up Weapons: This was an issue that was identified in flighting by a handful or participants. The resolution to this issue we have found is for players who are on Windows version 1903 to update their version. If you are on Windows 1903 but do not wish to update, there is also a Servicing Stack Update that will resolve this issue.
Differences from Halo: Combat Evolved, circa 2001 Xbox Release: We are aware of differences with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on both Xbox One and PC as it relates to the original Xbox release. This is an acknowledgement that we have been aware of and continuously look to investigate areas of opportunity to improve upon the inconsistencies when and where we can in our development roadmap. This includes, but is not limited to several recent hot topic areas:
- Graphical inconsistencies including shaders
- Holes in MP maps
- LAN networking model differences
Co-Op Latency: Currently, we have not been able to identify any issues around this feature and the functionality is on par with the rest of MCC. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn’t within the realm of what the team can currently support.
Additional Known Issues
- Terminals become inaccessible when respawning, restarting a checkpoint, or playing missions consecutively (Full KBA).