Halo 2 (All Platforms)
- Resolved a crash that could occur during long playthroughs.
- Enemy Elites now dual wield.
- Fixed an issue where the Energy Sword displayed incorrectly when viewed against flood tanks in “The Oracle.”
- Rebuilt the lightmap for the initial classic cinematic on “Outskirts” to return lighting and shadows to OG Xbox visuals.
- Adjusted a default gamma option to bring it closer to OG Xbox. This may result in lighting and brightness looking different then our past patch.
- Fixed an issue that was causing players in matchmade games to grenade jump higher than expected, bringing the height back down to OG Xbox clients.
- Fixed an issue where the “Malfunction” skull would display HUD elements incorrectly while dual wielding.
- Infinite ammo and grenades now display with the “infinity” symbol in the HUD.
- Fixed an issue where a controller would sometimes be stuck vibrating after coming out of gameplay.
- Resolved a loading issue that would cause Campaign Co-Op Players to disconnect when starting a mission.
- Horizontal mouse movement while on a stationary turret is now unbound and no longer restricted by the turning radius.
Halo 2: Anniversary (All Platforms)
- Fixed an issue where the sentinel beam VFX would occasionally not display.
- Added 0% option for fall damage in Custom Games.
- Players can now move while the Scoreboard is open.
The following Known Issues for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary are active as of 7/13/2020 in build #1.1698.0.0.
- Settings saved in the flight are saved in the same file as used with retail MCC on PC
- Enemy active camo can be distorted when playing in remastered graphics
- Terminal videos default to English only
- Subtitles are not present in campaign gameplay
- Subtitles are out of sync with audio when viewing cutscenes
- Cinematic audio for in Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio option
- When having multiple audio devices and swapping between classic and remastered graphics in cutscenes, audio can change output devices
- Blur Cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9
- Gunfire sounds are missing from multiple weapons with the Scarab Skull active
- With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hardlock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite
- Sentinel lights will display for a short time after death before disappearing
- Some environmental textures appear in lower than expected resolutions
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Pixilation on shadows can be seen in Anniversary graphics
- Performance lowers during games of 3 plots
- Texture resolution is displaying in low quality through various parts of the title
- When looking at the fan on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45
- Audio is missing when reloading weapons when done quickly
- When using newer Intel drivers with onboard graphics, you cannot launch
- Performance in theater films is capped at 60 fps when framerate is set to unlimited
- Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armors
- There is visible stuttering on objects when strafing with Unlimited Framerate enabled
- The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay
- Bullet registration is not in parity with the original
- The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter in multiplayer
- Super bouncing does not mirror legacy
- Snow VFX do not match legacy behavior on snow weather missions and maps
- The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions