The following are active issues for Halo: Reach as of 7/12/2023 in build 1.3232.0.
User Interface (UI)
- When zooming in with the Target Locator, the scope's compass is not visible at the bottom of the screen.
- Any camera turning caused by a view angle restriction while in a vehicle passenger seat will stutter above 60 FPS.
- Players are unable to enter the gameplay after setting language to Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean.
- For Steam, please see troubleshooting steps (Full article).
- After leaving then rejoining an Escalation Slayer match, the rejoining player will start with the first weapon regardless of which weapon they had prior to leaving.
- Upon dying or killing another player, the rejoining player will advance to the weapon they had prior to leaving the match.
- While flying a Seraph, the camera will zoom in and out when using the alternate fire and boosting at the same time.
- The blooming effect around light sources is larger than in the original release of Halo: Reach.
- Moving from an enclosed area to face an open area in any map or Campaign mission causes a significant drop in performance. This is most common for PC players with unlimited framerates.
- Player models appear to briefly desync when moving after an assassination.
- When entering an elevator in co-op or Multiplayer, players will briefly appear to play a falling animation.
- New - When a player exits a Campaign Co-Op session comprised of at least three players, the other players' screens may freeze.
- Workaround: close and relaunch Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Mission progress resets to the beginning of the mission when selecting Resume Campaign after switching between an Xbox One console and an Xbox Series X|S console.
- Cutscenes during "Tip of the Spear" can see performance drops using AMD graphics cards.
- New - The "Boot Player" prompt may continue to appear after the player initially dismisses it if they were killed by a teammate during a Firefight match with no lives remaining.
- New - Rarely, the movement animations for both Brutes and Grunts will break after they exit a drop pod during a Firefight match.