Increasing the Field-of-View (FOV) setting can allow you to see more of the battlefield at once and can reduce the feeling of “tunnel vision” that some players may experience.
To change the FOV setting in Halo: The Master Chief Collection:
- From the main menu, choose Options & Career.
- Choose Settings.
- By default, you’ll arrive on the Controls tab of the Settings menu. Switch to the Video tab.
- Scroll down to the Video Settings section.
- Adjust the Field-of-View slider to your preference. A higher number will widen the Field-of-View to show more of the environment on screen at once.
- It is recommended that you choose Set for all games at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Yes when asked if you are sure.
However, if you'd like to set FOV on a per-game basis, use these additional steps:
- Right above the Video Settings section is a small section called Game Setting. Change this to match the specific Halo game you want to change the FOV for.
- When you are done adjusting FOV, choose Back in the bottom left of the screen.
- Choose Save Settings when prompted.
The process for changing the FOV setting is the same on both console and PC.