The following are active issues for Halo 2: Anniversary as of 10/13/2021 in build 1.2580.0.0.
- New - In Remastered visuals on an Xbox One X, framerate drops occur throughout the Campaign.
- Rarely, the game will kick both players from a co-op Campaign session after they skip a cutscene in remastered graphics.
- Terminal videos default to English only.
- Subtitles are not present in gameplay.
- Subtitles are out of sync with the audio in cutscenes.
- Cinematic audio for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio options.
- Pre-rendered cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9.
- When the Scarab Skull is enabled, gunfire sound effects are missing from multiple weapons.
- A hard lock can occur upon firing the Plasma Rifle when the Scarab Skull is enabled.
- After destroying a Sentinel, their lights are briefly visible before disappearing.
Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer
- Any camera turning caused by a view angle restriction while in a vehicle passenger seat will stutter above 60 FPS.
- Some pixilation is visible on shadows.
- Performance lowers during games of 3 Plots.
- Some maps have areas where texture resolution appears lower-than-expected.
- When looking at the fan on Stonetown, the framerate sometimes drops to 45 frames per second.
- Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armor.
- The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay.
- New - When using “Any” or “Team” voice chat options and one player is speaking, voice chat icons appear over all friendly players instead of only the person speaking.
Halo 2: Classic Multiplayer
- Hit registration is not in parity with the original game.
- The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter.
- Super bouncing does not mirror legacy behavior.
- The Trait Zone Properties options cannot be changed when clicked with a mouse, however, the arrow keys on a keyboard will work as expected.
- Halo 2: Anniversary Multiplayer films are capped at 60 FPS even when the unlimited framerate option is enabled.
- New - In the Extras menu, all dialogue in cutscenes for Halo 2 Anniversary is aligned to the left audio channel.