The following Known Issues for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary are active as of 9/22/2020 in build #1.1829.0.0.
- Settings saved in the flight are saved in the same file as used with retail MCC on PC.
- Enemy active camo can be distorted when playing in remastered graphics.
- Terminal videos default to English only.
- Subtitles are not present in campaign gameplay.
- Subtitles are out of sync with audio when viewing cutscenes.
- Cinematic audio for Halo 2 and Halo 2: Anniversary is affected by different audio options.
- When having multiple audio devices and swapping between classic and remastered graphics in cutscenes, audio can change output devices.
- Blur Cinematics and Terminal videos can have visual issues in non-16:9 aspect ratios as they were rendered at 16:9.
- Gunfire sounds are missing from multiple weapons with the Scarab Skull active.
- With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hard lock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite.
- Sentinel lights will display for a short time after death before disappearing.
- Some environmental textures appear in lower than expected resolutions.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Background SFX are missing from Nebula and Skyward maps in Halo 2Anniversary.
- Pixilation on shadows can be seen in Anniversary graphics.
- Performance lowers during games of 3 plots.
- Texture resolution is displaying in low quality through various parts of the title.
- When looking at the fan on Stonetown, FPS sometimes drops to 45.
- Audio is missing when reloading weapons when done quickly.
- When using newer Intel drivers with onboard graphics, you cannot launch.
- Performance in theater films is capped at 60 fps when framerate is set to unlimited.
- Lighting is inconsistent between Elite and Spartan armors.
- There is visible stuttering on objects when strafing with Unlimited Framerate enabled.
- The Hoplite armor is missing a rear armor piece in gameplay.
- Bullet registration is not in parity with the original.
- The respawn timer is hidden by the territory capture meter in multiplayer.
- Super bouncing does not mirror legacy.
- Snow VFX do not match legacy behavior on snow weather missions and maps.
- The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions.