Updated 2020 November 17
With the new update, two new issues were identified and added to the list below.
The following are active issues for Halo 3 as of 2020/11/17 in build 1.1955.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- Security armor is available as a separate chest option in customization and cannot be saved. To equip Security gear in gameplay, use the “Security” Helmet option
- Some keys cannot be bound when using non-English keyboards
- Some players receive an error stating, “One or more actions are not bound to a key” after the game updates or when switching between the Halo Insider and Retail builds.
- We have improved our reporting of missing key bindings by adding a per-title notice when another title has actions unbound. While we are still investigating causes of this, it is recommended to run “Restore Defaults” at the “Controls” setting page if you still encounter this issue
- NEW – The targeting displays on the sniper rifle, the Ghost, and the Gauss Hog are missing the outline effect on objects in their view
- The throw animation does not play when deploying equipment while wielding the Automag
- Our team is aware of this and continuing to investigate potential causes and fixes for when this occurs. We hope to have more on this in the future
- Weapon view model positions expose clipping or culling of the player model
- We addressed this during and after the flight further to eliminate the “exposed” elements of the Spartan’s (or Elite’s) arms. While some issues remain at various FOV, Centered Crosshair and Ultrawide displays, and we are continuing to take on feedback and work on developing further support for adjusting the view model position across all titles
- NEW – When accessing a Terminal, the camera will zoom in further than intended
- On Xbox One, Flying Camera Settings do not apply to Theater controls