The following are active issues for Halo 3 as of 6/23/2021 in build 1.2398.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- Security armor is available as a separate chest option in customization and cannot be saved. To equip Security gear in gameplay, use the “Security” Helmet option
- Some keys cannot be bound when using non-English keyboards
- Some players receive an error stating, “One or more actions are not bound to a key” after the game updates or when switching between the Halo Insider and Retail builds.
- We have improved our reporting of missing key bindings by adding a per-title notice when another title has actions unbound. While we are still investigating causes of this, it is recommended to run “Restore Defaults” at the “Controls” setting page if you still encounter this issue
- NEW – Elite tertiary colors disappear when disabling New Skins in the Options menu.
- The RHINE set has a few clipping issues in the Customizations menu.
- Secondary weapons on the player’s back clip through the new Season 6 chest armor customizations.
- Several weapons have minor clipping issues with backpack customizations.
- The Battle Rifle’s lights turn off when equipping S6 weapon skins.
- Player emblems do not display on the new Season 5 right-side shoulder armor pieces.
- The AVIATOR chest piece clips into the techsuit during some animations.
- On the map “Avalanche,” Scorpions will have the non-snow version when the "Default" skin is equipped.
- The throw animation does not play when deploying equipment while wielding the Automag
- Our team is aware of this and continuing to investigate potential causes and fixes for when this occurs. We hope to have more on this in the future Weapon view model positions expose clipping or culling of the player model
- Weapon view model positions expose clipping or culling of the player model
- We addressed this during and after the flight further to eliminate the “exposed” elements of the Spartan’s (or Elite’s) arms. While some issues remain at various FOV, Centered Crosshair and Ultrawide displays, and we are continuing to take on feedback and work on developing further support for adjusting the view model position across all titles
For the map "Waterfall":
- Performance can drop significantly in certain areas of the map.
- Rarely, players using ultra-wide monitors may suddenly stop loading textures and geometry during gameplay.
NEW – For the map "Edge":
- The Sentinels flying in the background are missing.
- REP-LOC MAINTENANCE LOG 834920.303.11 // The local onsite Sentinel fleet has been recalled for routine servicing and further optimization. Normal archival protocols will resume on the following cycle.
- Mission progress resets to the beginning of the mission when selecting Resume Campaign after switching between an Xbox One console and an Xbox Series X|S console.
- On Xbox One, Flying Camera Settings do not apply to Theater controls
- Non-English language announcers are much quieter than the English announcer.
- The Allow Editing spinner and all options within it are written in all capital letters.