The following are active issues for Halo 3 as of 9/22/2020 in build #1.1829.0.0.
- “Security” is available as a separate chest option in customization and cannot be saved. To equip Security gear in gameplay, use the “Security” Helmet option
- Campaign Terminals can only be navigated with Page Up and Page Down Keys (PC Only on Mouse and Keyboard)
- Some keys cannot be bound when using non-English keyboards
- The throw animation does not play when deploying equipment while wielding the Automag.
- Our team is aware of this and continuing to investigate potential causes and fixes for when this occurs. We hope to have more on this in the future.
- Weapon view model positions expose clipping or culling of the player model.
- We addressed this during and after the flight further to eliminate the “exposed” elements of the Spartan’s (or Elite’s) arms. While some issues remain at various FOV, Centered Crosshair and Ultrawide displays, and we are continuing to take on feedback and work on developing further support for adjusting the view model position across all titles.
- Some players receive an error stating, “One or more actions are not bound to a key” after the game updates or when switching between the Halo Insider and Retail builds.
- We have improved our reporting of missing key bindings by adding a per-title notice when another title has actions unbound. While we are still investigating causes of this, it is recommended to run “Restore Defaults” at the “Controls” setting page if you still encounter this issue.
- Flying Camera Settings do not apply to Theater Controls when changed on the Xbox One.
- Season 3 weapon skins appear to pop when spawning into a Multiplayer match.
- Throwing equipment or a grenade in Multiplayer sometimes results in multiple objects to be thrown.
- The Multiplayer weapon "dirtying" strategy does not align with legacy behavior. Players are unable to modify the timing of when the weapon will be respawned in multiplayer games.
- Host and Clients may see inconsistent behavior while moving objects with different physics set in multiplayer Forge sessions.
- The Auto-Turret in Forge will target friendly users when placed.