The following are active issues for Halo 3: ODST as of 10/13/2021 in build 1.2580.0.0.
- New - All non-English voiceover in Halo 3: ODST on PC uses English voiceover. This does not occur on Xbox consoles or in games besides Halo 3: ODST.
User Interface (UI)
- Stats and Medals earned in Halo 3: ODST’s Firefight mode are not uniquely identified in the Options & Career menus.
- Shadows cast on characters, enemies, and vehicles may appear very dark during gameplay.
- Splitscreen players on 5.1 Surround Sound may encounter issues with audio transitions after an audio log is complete.
- Single shot weapons, such as the Automag or Covenent Carbine, recoil more aggressively than in the original game.
- Players who are at non-16:9 aspect ratios, extended Field of View (FOV), and/or centered crosshair will occasionally see through the player’s character model.
- Brute AI can become stuck when trying to vault over railing or low walls.
- We have made several improvements based on feedback from our recent Halo 3: ODST flight, but are still nailing down other places this issue occurs.
- Please submit a ticket with Halo Support if you encounter this and include media, replication steps, and additional details about when or how this was encountered to provide our developers an in-depth view of the issue.
- Player grenades appear to teleport and explode offset from initial landing spot.
- Mission progress resets to the beginning of the mission when selecting Resume Campaign after switching between an Xbox One console and an Xbox Series X|S console.
- Player loses Audio Log collection progress after death when working on “Record Store Owner” achievement.
- Films from the mission “Mombasa Streets” will sometimes show an inaccurate name and preview image in menus and load screens.
- On Xbox One, Flying Camera Settings do not apply to Theater controls.