Posted December 16, 2020
The following are active issues for Halo 3: ODST as of 12/16/2020 in build 1.2028.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- NEW – Binding an action to the arrow keys prevents saving settings.
- Stats and Medals earned in Halo 3: ODST’s Firefight mode are not uniquely identified in the Options & Career menus
- Shadows cast on characters, enemies, and vehicles may appear very dark during gameplay
- Arrow keys are hardbound to objective waypoints but may be double bound with other keys (such as movement). This action may cause an unexpected “clicking” sound to occur as the waypoint is shown on press
- Splitscreen players on 5.1 Surround Sound may encounter issues with audio transitions after an audio log is complete
- Single shot weapons, such as the Automag or Covenent Carbine, recoil more aggressively than in the original game
- Players who are at non-16:9 aspect ratios, extended Field of View (FOV), and/or centered crosshair will occasionally see through the player’s character model
- Brute AI can become stuck when trying to vault over railing or low walls
- We have made several improvements based on feedback from our recent Halo 3: ODST flight, but are still nailing down other places this issue occurs
- Please submit a ticket with Halo Support if you encounter this and include media, replication steps, and additional details about when or how this was encountered to provide our developers an in-depth view of the issue
- Phantoms can become stuck on the environment, blocking match progression
- The inclusion of new expanded game modes exposed this as a legacy bug in the title (Halo 3 ODST Firefight in legacy never expected troopers with infinite-ammo rocket launchers!)
- We have resolved this in the interim by removing game variants: this exploit is easily reproducible on impacted maps (Fiestafight, Rocketfight, etc.), however, it will still be possible in custom games
- We are working on a fix for this within the game's logic, and doing so carefully in order to respect the original gameplay experience
- The "Toggle Freecam" key binding prompt is hardbound to the spacebar
- Player grenades appear to teleport and explode offset from initial landing spot
- NEW – Mission progress resets to the beginning of the mission when selecting Resume Campaign after switching between an Xbox One console and an Xbox Series X|S console.
- Player loses Audio Log collection progress after death when working on “Record Store Owner” achievement
- Films from the mission “Mombasa Streets” will sometimes show an inaccurate name and preview image in menus and load screens
- On Xbox One, Flying Camera Settings do not apply to Theater controls