Updated 2020 October 14
With the new update, one new issue was identified and added to the list below.
The following are active issues for Halo 3: ODST as of 2020/10/14 in build 1.1871.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- NEW - After any Halo 3: ODST session, the preview model within the Customization Menu will appear larger and off-center.
- Shadows cast on characters, enemies, and vehicles may appear very dark during gameplay
- Arrow keys are hardbound to objective waypoints but may be double bound with other keys (such as movement). This action may cause an unexpected “clicking” sound to occur as the waypoint is shown on press
- Splitscreen players on 5.1 Surround Sound may encounter issues with audio transitions after an audio log is complete
- Single-shot weapon recoil is more aggressive than in legacy
- Player loses Audio Log Collection Progress after death when working on “Record Store Owner” achievement
- Players who are at non-16:9 aspect ratios, extended Field of View (FOV), and/or centered crosshair will occasionally see through Orbital Drop Shock Trooper (ODST) bodies from certain angles
- When in Halo 3 or Halo 3: ODST Theater on Xbox, changing any Flying Camera settings does not change the behavior of the camera
- Repeating voice effects may be heard from Covenant enemies or player actions
- Brute AI can become stuck when trying to vault over railing or low walls
- We have made several improvements based on feedback from our recent Halo 3: ODST flight, but are still nailing down other places this issue occurs
- Please submit a ticket with Halo Support if you encounter this and include media, replication steps, and additional details about when or how this was encountered to provide our developers an in-depth view of the issue
- Phantom becomes stuck on the environment, blocking match progression
- The inclusion of new expanded game modes exposed this as a legacy bug in the title (Halo 3 ODST Firefight in legacy never expected troopers with infinite-ammo rocket launchers!)
- We have resolved this in the interim by removing game variants: this exploit is easily reproducible on impacted maps (Fiestafight, Rocketfight, etc.). However, it will still be possible in custom games
- We are working on a fix for this within the game's logic, and doing so carefully so we can respect the original gameplay experience
- The "Toggle Freecam" key binding prompt is hardbound to the spacebar
- Stats and Medals are not uniquely identified in UI
- Player grenades appear to teleport and explode offset from initial landing spot