The following are active issues for Halo 4 as of 4/7/2021 in build 1.2241.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- On PC, the Texture Filtering graphics option does not impact the in-game visuals
- Please submit a ticket with Halo Support if you encounter this and include media, replication steps, and additional details about when or how this was encountered to provide our developers an in-depth view of the issue
- Emblem decal appears incorrectly on the Spartan model in the armor customization menu
- The Covenant Carbine will appear to flicker or flip when starting a sprint
- When playing with a Field of View (FOV) value higher than 78, the beam from the Spartan Laser will not line up with the weapon's barrel
- Light sources throughout the title have higher than intended bloom effects
- Gameplay will not be visible when playing on a PC with an Intel HD, UHD, or Iris graphics card
- NEW – When an Xbox Series X|S host plays co-op with someone on another platform on the Infinity, Dawn, or Composer levels, the non-host player may experience a softlock after the loading screen for the following mission.
- NEW – The intro cutscenes for the missions “Composer” and “Midnight” show momentary flashes throughout the cutscene.
- NEW – Mission progress resets to the beginning of the mission when selecting Resume Campaign after switching between an Xbox One console and an Xbox Series X|S console.
- The outro cinematic of the mission “Reclaimer” does not display the intended lighting
- Several cutscenes throughout the game will not display full letterboxing in the following aspect ratios: 16:10, 5:4, 4:3, 3:2, and any custom windowed aspect ratio
- Incidental chatter from allies is not localized
- Player movement may be hindered and result in the player getting stuck around the grav lift inside Covenant deployed lockout towers
- The glowing visual effects on Promethean weapons may disappear or move from their intended locations when reverting to a previous checkpoint
- When viewing a Terminal video in a co-op session, the game will continue to react to input and play audio
- "Reclaimer" mission stops loading or areas of the map are not visible (Full article)
- The FOV seen while performing an assassination or using an armor ability is tied to the Vehicle FOV setting
- NEW – While playing Spartan Ops with audio language set to a non-English language, cinematics play in English.
- On restarting the mission mid-game, various objects and characters may have incorrect textures or lighting applied to them
- The Trait Zone Properties options cannot be changed when clicked with a mouse, however, the arrow keys on a keyboard will work as expected
- When playing with a gamepad and a framerate above 60 FPS, the Toggle Rotation Axes option has a short window in which it can be activated
- Films are capped at 60 FPS even when the unlimited framerate option is enabled