To sign out of your Xbox network Account on Steam:
- From the main menu, press R to open your Active Roster
- Click on your Gamertag
- Select Change Profile
- Select Yes on the confirmation screen to log out of the Xbox network.
Resolving the endless sign-out loop
When signing in with an account that has never played Halo: The Master Chief Collection before, you will be presented with a "Let this app access your info" prompt. If you declined this prompt, you will not be able to play. Some users are reporting they are unable to sign out at this point after selecting no. When trying to sign in again, the sign in window will attempt to appear, but result in an error and not allow a user to sign in.
If you are stuck in this loop, you will need to to remove the webcache data contained in your Windows users AppData folder. Below are the steps to locate and remove the files to exit this loop:
- Navigate to your local AppData's webcache folder at C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Saved\webcache
- Alternatively, paste this into your explorer window bar: %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\MCC\Saved\webcache
- Delete all files in this location
- Launch the game
- Sign into the preferred Xbox network account and allow the app to access your info