Published: November 2, 2021
Updated game version: 1.2611.0.0
Install size by platform
- Steam: max size 4.77 GB
- Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC: max size 11.07 GB
- Xbox consoles: max size 9.60 GB
New in this update
New customization content
Halo: The Master Chief Collection celebrates Halo and Xbox’s 20th Anniversary with new customization content earned through Challenges and the Exchange:
- Halo 2: Anniversary Orion Armor Set
- Multiple Halo 3 items:
- Mirage armor set
- Back accessories
- OGX weapon skins
- Halo 3 and Halo: Reach Blackguard Fallen Equerry helmet
- A new Halo: Reach utility customization, the Hydration Container
- Static and animated nameplates
- Trusted file share accounts now show up as trusted in-game.
- Crashes are now less likely to occur during Big Team Battle (BTB) matches. This fix may also result in performance improvements on some systems.
Halo: Combat Evolved
- HUD Scale now reverts to 100% when restoring default settings.
Halo 3: ODST
- Enemies delivered from dropships will no longer briefly appear on the map before being dropped off.
- The plasma pistol stun duration on Sentinels is now the correct length.
- The position and behavior of Sentinels stunned by a plasma pistol now appears consistent for all players.
- The total score no longer becomes out of sync when earning a significant number of points at once (such as killing several Hunters with a single rocket).
- Updated the Apocryphal nameplate to match the Evalach’s Lament back accessory.
- Halo: Reach holograms now show the correct customizations to other players who have new customization disabled.
No new known issues have been identified for this update, but the team is tracking two additional known issues from the previous update:
- For some players, the Shared Files in File Share do not appear. The files still exist in File Share and we are investigating a solution.
- One Moa collectible is always present on the mission Floodgate and does not grant progress toward the “Eye Spy” Challenge.
Halo Support has a list of existing known issues for each game.