Today a small patch is available for MCC on Xbox One and PC which addresses a few specific items the team has been working on. This update has been in development since just prior to launch and is not intended to address many of the issue’s players have been reporting. Most of the current ‘known issues’ and top areas of feedback from players are longer-lead work items that the team is continuing to investigate, and work will continue in the beginning of the new year. To find out more about current known issues go to our MCC known issues page.
Improvements to narration across the front-end interface for Xbox.
One of our top priorities is ensuring that Halo: Reach is accessible to as many players as possible. Today’s patch includes a few updates to further improve accessibility for the title.
Addressed a mechanic for mouse + keyboard players which improves precision of aiming when taking damage.
As part of our ongoing work to assess player feedback across controller and M+KB inputs, the team discovered a legacy mechanic from the original game that was contributing to negative sentiment regarding the feel and responsiveness of playing on M+KB. We have adjusted this mechanic and are interested in what the community thinks of this change. The team will continue to monitor player feedback around controller/M+KB input.
Additional small fixes:
- Fixed an issue which prevented the sound effect for unlocking a season tier from playing.
- A stat error has been fixed that was causing multiplayer kills in Halo: Reach to increase the deaths in your service record.
- A new Halo: Reach themed splash screen has been added to celebrate the inclusion of Reach, our sixth title into Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Resolved an issue that could cause players to be kicked from a matchmade game when an intermittent loss of Xbox Live connectivity occurred.
- Fixed an exploit where season items which were manually made available while Easy anti-cheat (EAC) was disabled and were able to equip them after launching on an EAC enabled exe.
- [Slayer] Removed Solitary and added Synapse (Forge World).
- [Slayer] Added Think Twice (Forge World).
- [Asset Denial] Removed Oddball on Solitary.
- Made various weighting adjustments. Players will spend a bit less time on Anniversary maps and a bit more time on vanilla maps and classic forge map variants.
- [Slayer] Added default variants of Boneyard and Spire. The updated variants (Scrapyard and Spear Broken) will see additional playtesting and refinement before reentering the core map pool.
- [Slayer] Added classic Forge World variants Delta Facility and Wayont.
- [Slayer] Added new Forge World variants Brick and Hivemind by MythicFritz and Hexduster respectively.
- [Slayer] Removed Paradiso (Forge World).
- [Flag & Bomb] Replaced Neutral Bomb Assault with Multi Bomb Assault on Tempest, Highlands, and Hemorrhage (Forge World). This will reduce the number of matches which end in stalemates.
- [Flag & Bomb] Added Multi Flag CTF on Brick and Hivemind.
- [Zone Control] Removed Territories on Breakpoint and High Noon.
- [Action Sack] Fixed an issue where players could spawn out of bounds on Spear Broken (Spire) and reenabled it for Elite Slayer.
- Retuned weighting to better balance DLC and vanilla maps.
Halo: Reach Hardcore
- Retuned weighting based on player feedback. Previously, each map / gametype combination held equal weight.
- Zealot and Sanctuary CTF hold very high weight.
- Countdown and Pit CTF, Zealot and Sanctuary Slayer, and Nexus KotH hold high weight.
- Countdown and Battle Canyon Slayer hold medium weight.
- Battle Canyon KotH holds low weight.
- Penance Slayer holds very low weight.