To identify the version number for your game, please choose your platform below.
Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S
- Turn on your console and sign in using the account that owns the game
- Navigate to your game by:
- Pressing the jewel button and scrolling down to "My games and apps"
- Selecting "See all"
- Highlight the game tile
- Press the Start button (3 horizontal lines)
- Scroll down and select Manage game & add-ons
- Observe the Version number in the top right of your screen
- Open Steam by pressing the Windows key and typing "Steam"
- Launch Steam
- Select Library from the window that opens
- Scroll down to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on the left side
- Right click on the title
- Select Properties
- Select Local Files from the ribbon at the top of the menu
- Select Browse Local Files
- Navigate to the folder titled MCC and double-click
- Locate the folder called Binaries and double-click
- Double-click on the Win6 folder
- Full, final file path should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Halo The Master Chief Collection\MCC\Binaries\Win64
- Locate the file titled MCC-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Right click the file and select Properties
- From the Properties menu, select the Details tab in the top ribbon
- Locate the File version and ensure it matches the latest version (see latest patch notes for additional info)
Microsoft Store (PC)
- Press the Windows key and search for "Apps & features" and open the menu
- Search for Halo: The Master Chief Collection in the search box (or scroll through the list)
- Once located, click on Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Select Advanced options
- Locate Specifications and look at version and ensure it matches the latest version (see latest patch notes for additional info)