Improved Community Issues
With today’s update, there have been many improvements made to issues reported by the community. As development and feedback continues, we will keep tracking these issues to improve and/or resolve them.
Global - Improved
Key bindings: We’re aware that many players would like to be able to bind actions to more than one key. The latest game update has included the following rebinding options:
- Push to talk rebind was flighted in February and feedback was positive.
- Double key binds are still in progress.
Achievement Issues & Support Tickets: Problems with achievements have been one of the most reported issues through our customer support team. The team is continuing to work though these issues. We will not list all fixes below, but many underlying problems have been improved with this update.
Top Community Reported Issues
Network Disconnect: The team is actively investigating instances where players are being removed from gameplay after receiving a “Network Disconnect” message. Players have reported this in both cooperative campaign as well as online multiplayer matches thus far.
One troubleshooting step we are finding that helps alleviate this issue for some is by changing your router’s and/or modem’s settings for NAT to “open”. If it is or you have changed it to “open” and this issue persists, please create a ticket.
MCC Xbox Performance: The team is currently investigating community reports relating to performance issues within MCC on the Xbox One. If you are experiencing this problem, please create a ticket.
Menu Performance: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing performance drops in the menus outside of gameplay. We are still attempting to investigate issues players have reported on this. If you are experiencing this problem, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
Co-Op Latency: At this time, we have not been able to identify any issues around this feature and the functionality is on par with the rest of MCC. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn’t within the realm of what the team can currently support.
EAC Error Messages in Game: We are continuing work on improving our anti-cheat solution and how we can better support 3rd party applications within that ecosystem. Improvements here will come online as we roll out future patches. As part of our investigation, we’ve enabled more verbose logging. We are continuing to monitor and improve where we can.
Some users have been reporting various EAC error messages appearing while playing. This includes a “UE4 Critical Error,” “You’ve been banned” and others around map files. If you are experiencing any of these, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
We are currently investigating the UE4 critical errors and believe we have resolved the ban message appearing. If you are receiving the UE4 Critical Error, please make sure you are on the latest version of Windows. Error messages appearing for map files require you to resolve them as the local files have changed around these. In order to resolve these, we recommend you use the “Verify Files” options on Steam and to re-install the game on the Microsoft Store.
Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. This is still on our list but are not actively working on this one as we try to tackle higher priority issues.
Additional Known Issues
- Prior to installing titles for MCC, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
- Players friended only over Steam do not appear in the Roster (must be Xbox Live friends). You can join upon your friends through Steam’s friends list.
- To send an Xbox Live friend request you will need to use the Game Bar, Xbox Companion app, or add them at Xbox.com.
- When launching in Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean the voice language pack may not install (Full KBA).
- If a capture card is set to the default audio input device, all PC audio will transmit over voice channel (Full KBA).
- Bluetooth headphones will prioritize communication audio after passing the main menu (Full KBA).
- When moving the game’s window while in Fullscreen using the Windows, shift, and arrow keys the game may look like a still image.
- Uninstalling the Steam version of the game with the Microsoft Store version installed will remove the Easy Anti-Cheat client and make the Microsoft Store game be unplayable. To resolve this please uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Store version.