Hit Registration: We started an initial investigation into this issue in June and are continuing to dive into the code around this. While this is not one of our top issues coming into our support ticket system, it has been a long-standing complaint from many in the community and we will continue to investigate, share our findings with you, and hopefully be able to flight these changes in the future.
Challenges: The team is currently investigating player complaints around challenges and is working on a build update to address the following issues:
- UI is displaying less progress than players have when rebooting the game.
- Progress on Challenges is not transferring between Xbox One and PC.
Once these issues are resolved internally, we will be preparing a game update to resolve them in the wild.
Halo: Combat Evolved Challenge Progress: We have identified an issue that Halo: Combat Evolved Challenges are not progressing the way they were intended to for Socialite, Breaking a Sweat, Winner is Served, Podium Finish, MP3 Player II, MP3 Player III, and MP3 Player IV. For the time being we have removed the highlight for Halo: Combat Evolved as a possible game to receive progress for these Challenges. We are working to resolve the underlying issues for future Challenges.
Top Community Reported Issues
Co-Op Disconnects: We are aware of reports where players are experiencing disconnects from gameplay while playing cooperatively. We made a couple back end services updates on this issue which have improved it. As well, some folks are reporting that if all players are locked at 60 frames per second, they are seeing this lessen in frequency. We are still attempting to investigate this at this time from player reports. If you are experiencing this problem, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
Co-Op Latency: At this time, we have not been able to identify any issues around this feature and the functionality is on par with the rest of MCC. There is no active development happening around improving/re-writing the legacy network code around this area of the game. Unfortunately, this would be a massive undertaking and just isn’t within the realm of what the team can currently support.
Achievement Issues: We have continued to fix bugs around reported achievement issues and have been resolving them in each update. If there are achievements that you are still encountering issues with specifically, please submit a ticket at the Halo Support site.
EAC Error Messages in Game: We are continuing work on improving our anti-cheat solution and how we can better support 3rd party applications within that ecosystem. Improvements here will come online as we roll out future patches. As part of our investigation, we’ve enabled more verbose logging. We are continuing to monitor and improve where we can.
Some users have been reporting various EAC error messages appearing while playing. This includes a “UE4 Critical Error,” “You’ve been banned” and others around map files. If you are experiencing any of these, please visit the Halo Support site and create a ticket.
We are currently investigating the UE4 critical errors and believe we have resolved the ban message appearing. If you are receiving the UE4 Critical Error, please make sure you are on the latest version of Windows. Error messages appearing for map files require you to resolve them as the local files have changed around these. In order to resolve these, we recommend you use the “Verify Files” options on Steam and to re-install the game on the Microsoft Store.
Idle Stops Matchmaking Search: This feature is by-design and is done to prevent AKF/idle players from entering matchmaking. This is still on our list but are not actively working on this one as we try to tackle higher priority issues.
Additional Known Issues
- Prior to installing titles for MCC, users who participated in flights will want to delete all files at C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\LocalLow\MCC.
- Players friended only over Steam do not appear in the Roster (must be Xbox Live friends). You can join upon your friends through Steam’s friends list.
- To send an Xbox Live friend request you will need to use the Game Bar, Xbox Companion app, or add them at Xbox.com
- When launching in Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean the voice language pack may not install (Full KBA).
- If a capture card is set to the default audio input device, all PC audio will transmit over voice channel (Full KBA).
- Bluetooth headphones will prioritize communication audio after passing the main menu (Full KBA).
- When moving the game’s window while in Full screen using the Windows, shift, and arrow keys the game may look like a still image.
- Uninstalling the Steam version of the game with the Microsoft Store version installed will remove the Easy Anti-Cheat client and make the Microsoft Store game be unplayable. To resolve this please uninstall and re-install the Microsoft Store version.