Updated: November 10, 2022
If your issue is not covered by this article, please check Halo Infinite Multiplayer Known Issues. That article includes global issues that may impact Forge and issues with playing Forge content in Custom Games.
Edit mode and creation tools
- The Forge Beta will support canvas maps and not developer-made maps (such as Live Fire, Recharge, Fragmentation, etc.). Support for developer-made maps will be implemented in a future update.
- Exiting a Forge session without saving the map may result in a new map version being listed in the file's Version History menu. This version of the file does not contain the unsaved changes made prior to exiting the previous session.
- Once a player has placed the maximum amount of objects on a map, the Simulation Memory Budget meter and the Dynamic Object Limit meter show percentages less than 100%.
- Unexpectedly ending a Forge session will not trigger an autosave and all unsaved progress will be lost. Examples of unexpected conditions include game crashes, server crashes, losing connection to Halo services or the Xbox network, or the loss of power to the PC/console.
File and map publishing
- At launch, uploading screenshots for a published Forge file is only available on Xbox consoles. To upload images for Forge files created on a PC, an owner or co-owner can upload screenshots on an Xbox console.
- After publishing a Forge file, the file's Details menu may not immediately reflect that it is published and instead show it as a Private file.
- Workaround: return to the My Files menu then re-enter the affected file's Detail menu. The file should now show that it is published.
- When viewing a published Forge file on Xbox, the file owner's Gamertag is not visible in the Overview or Credits tab of the Details menu. Selecting the Owner's Profile button will correctly some of the owner's information, but their Gamertag and customized Spartan are not visible.
- When viewing files in the My Bookmarks menu, they may have missing or incorrect information such as their version number, creator/owner name, or publish state.
- Workaround: viewing the files in another menu (for example, the My Files menu or by searching for them in the Community tab) may result in the file details populating in the My Bookmarks menu.