Updated: August 9, 2023
If your issue is not covered by this article, please check Halo Infinite Multiplayer Known Issues. That article includes global issues that may impact Forge and issues with playing Forge content in Custom Games.
Edit mode and creation tools
- New - The Reactive Water Plane only responds to players and vehicles as they make contact with the water's surface. Players and vehicles that are submerged in the Reactive Water Plane will not appear to splash as they continue moving through the plane.
- The Reactive Water Plane's reactivity will be improved in a future update for Halo Infinite. Stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for the latest news on game updates.
- New - Some objects on the map Recharge may appear completely white when modifying the map in Forge mode. The affected items will appear with their intended textures in multiplayer gameplay.
- If players access the Object Browser in Forge and open the Rubble section under Accents, the game may crash when navigating the menu using the W and S keys.
- On Xbox One and PC with lower graphic settings enabled, when players enter a new Forge map, friendly and enemy character models will disappear at further distances.
- Unexpectedly ending a Forge session will not trigger an autosave and all unsaved progress will be lost. Examples of unexpected conditions include game crashes, server crashes, losing connection to Halo services or the Xbox network, or the loss of power to the PC/console.
File and map publishing
- After publishing a Forge file, the file's Details menu may not immediately reflect that it is published and instead show it as a Private file.
- Workaround: return to the My Files menu then re-enter the affected file's Detail menu. The file should now show that it is published.
- When viewing a published Forge file on Xbox, the file owner's Gamertag is not visible in the Overview or Credits tab of the Details menu. Selecting the Owner's Profile button will correctly some of the owner's information, but their Gamertag and customized Spartan are not visible.
- When reporting a mode created in Forge, the new reporting categories may not appear.