Updated: August 9, 2023
If your issue is not covered by this article, you may wish to check Halo Infinite Campaign Known Issues.
- New - When the Effects Quality setting is set to Medium or above, the player's vision may be obscured when standing next to a Gravity Lift on the map Dredge.
- On PC, Halo Infinite may crash when players Alt+Tab to a different screen while loading into a 343 Industries map in Forge.
- When playing on a PC with an AMD GPU and FreeSync capable monitor(s), in-game colors may look washed out or grey in borderless full screen mode.
- If you want to play with HDR enabled, ensure it is enabled HDR in Windows and the AMD Radeon Software/Settings.
- If you do not want to play with HDR, disable FreeSync via the AMD Radeon Software/Settings.
- The AMD Radeon Anti-Lag feature can cause performance hitches on some systems if it is turned on.
- Try turning off the Anti-Lag feature if you notice performance issues.
- Older AMD GPU drivers can lead to poor performance.
- Updating drivers to the most recent version fixes this.
- Hovering the mouse cursor over some menu items does not update what is selected before clicking it.
- The arrow keys still work as expected.
- If a PC player has a fireteam set to Invite Only and invites an Xbox player who has two players signed in for splitscreen, the Xbox player who accepts the invitation receives an error saying they can’t join the fireteam. The PC player incorrectly sees a notification that the invited player is joining the fireteam.
- Workaround: Use the Friends Only or Open fireteam settings instead when inviting splitscreen Xbox players.
- Some minimum hardware specification GPUs may crash when playing intro cinematic sequences in 4k resolution.
- Workaround: Uninstalling the Multiplayer HD texture packs fixes this.
- The Background Recording feature in Windows 10 or the Record What Happened feature in Windows 11 can cause performance issues when enabled.
- Turning these features off improves performance. They can be found in the Capture Settings menu of Windows 10 and the Captures menu of Windows 11.
- Turning off “Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling” may also resolve the issue, instead of disabling Background Recording or Record What Happened. If you cannot see this setting you may need to update your graphics driver or Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is not supported by your graphics card.
- Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling is off by default on Windows 10, but on by default in Windows 11.
- In Windows 10, turn off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in Graphics settings.
- In Windows 11, turn off Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling by navigating to Graphics and selecting Default graphics settings.
- New - When starting a match with bots enabled, the bots will enter gameplay and may attack players during the match's non-interactive intro sequence.
- New - Bots may not navigate through certain areas on the multiplayer map Dredge.
- New - A floor texture in the Outside area of the multiplayer map Dredge may appear stretched or distorted.
- New - Power Weapons and Power Equipment may not spawn until 1-2 seconds after their associated Pad's countdown reaches 0.
- When Alpha Infected spawn or respawn during a game of Infection, the blade of their Energy Sword may disappear.
- During an Infection match, turrets carried by the Last Spartan Standing will have infinite ammunition.
- Players that survive a whole round of Infection without getting Infected do not receive bonus points for being Last Spartan Standing.
- While playing Infection with bots on both the Streets and Aquarius maps, bots may be unable to exit from their designated spawn points.
- If a player ended the previous round of Infection as the Last Spartan Standing then starts the next round as an Alpha Infected, they may spawn with the Survivor loadout rather than the Alpha Infected loadout.
- At the start of a multiplayer match, the Sidekick will briefly appear without textures when players first swap to it.
- Players will be unable to use the Quantum Translocator while picking up a new weapon.
- When an enemy player activates the Threat Seeker, players caught in the Threat Seeker's pulse radius may still appear visible to enemy players a few seconds after the red bars disappear from their HUD.
- If a player gets caught in the Threat Seeker's pulse radius, visual effects may not appear if the Full Screen Effects setting is set to 0%.
- If a player is hurt by explosive weaponry, such as the Hydra or Scrap Cannon, it will cause the legs of their Spartan to flinch.
- During the 10-second window before moving on to the next weapon level in Escalation Slayer, any kills made with the previous weapon loadout count for a full point, instead of half a point.
- Rarely, players may become stuck in place and unable to fire their weapons when joining a multiplayer session.
- Weapon racks may remain half-closed after spawning a new weapon. Players can still pick up the weapon while the rack is not fully open.
- In King of the Hill multiplayer matches, the third Hill location is skipped on all maps.
- Due to this issue, King of the Hill has been temporarily removed from the Ranked Arena playlist. King of the Hill will return to the Ranked Arena playlist once this issue is resolved. Stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for the latest news on game updates.
- This issue also occurs in Custom Games. While King of the Hill is being temporarily removed from the Ranked Arena matchmaking playlist, players can continue to play this mode via Custom Games.
- On Xbox One consoles and some PCs, various pieces of Sigrid Eklund's armor are black. This issue also occurs in the preview tile of Eklund's armor kit in the Armor Hall menu.
- New - Subtitles for the player's Personal AI may still appear after disabling the Personal AI Chatter setting.
- While playing in splitscreen, audio settings change back to default when a player signs out.
- In multiplayer matches on PC, audio may briefly cut out in areas of the map with a large amount of players or bots.
- New - When using the Swiftguard Weapon Model, the following Weapon Coatings are missing a texture on the MK50 Sidekick:
- Flash Fjord
- Tigris Dread
- When the player modifies game rules for a Custom Game, those changes may not visually appear on the Custom Game lobby screen but are applied during the Custom Game.
- If multiple players independently join, leave, then rejoin the same Custom Game session, a rejoining player's Spartan may appear in a different location than their camera's perspective.
- Quickly selecting a new value from a dropdown in the Custom Game's Mode Editor menu may result in the new value reverting to the original value.
- Workaround: when opening a dropdown in the Mode Editor menu, wait an extra couple of seconds before selecting a new value or, after changing a value quickly, return to the dropdown a few seconds later to see if the previously selected value was maintained.
- The Fireteam Leader cannot promote or boot players who joined the session while the Custom Game lobby menu was open.
- Workaround: use the shortcut listed in the bottom right corner of the menu to open the Social menu, navigate to the Fireteam tab, then select the player. The Promote and Boot options will be visible in that player's Player Options menu.
- In Custom Games, players can get suspended in mid-air after jumping upwards where gravity is set to 30% or lower.
- Workaround: Move the character in any direction to fall back down.
- Any option (such as Score to Win) in a Custom Game lobby does not reset to default when switching game modes.
- After changing the game mode options in the Custom Game lobby for any game mode, changing to a different mode then changing back to the first mode will still show those changed options. The match will start with default options.
- The first time a Custom Game mode is saved in the Mode Editor, changed Override options are missing when viewing that mode under My Files in the Community tab.
- Some Custom Game options do not apply correctly when the match starts.
- When playing Last Spartan Standing and Free-For-All (FFA) Attrition modes in Custom Games, Observers will count as "enemies" on the mini-scoreboard located in the bottom center of the Heads-Up Display (HUD). The match will also not end as expected when all players are out of lives. The host of the session will need to end the match from the pause menu.
- Setting the Danger Zone toggle to Off when setting up an Elimination Custom Game does not disable the Danger Zone in-game.
- When the Match Intro Cinematic is disabled in a Custom Game with multiple rounds, the heads-up display (HUD) will not be visible after the first round.
- Players will be removed from a Custom Game lobby after completing a match then, once back in the Custom Games lobby, loading a saved game variant and changing match options. The removed player may still see the lobby menu and players in the lobby may still see the removed player in the lobby, but the match will not start after pressing Play.
- Workaround: Recreating the Custom Game lobby may resolve this issue, and the removed player may need to close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
- Players are unable to respawn in Free-For-All (FFA) Custom Games on Breaker.
Custom Game Browser
- When players enter the Custom Game Browser and when viewing a session's Details menu, information regarding the session's game mode may not appear.
- After launching a BTB match in Custom Game Browser with the maximum number of Bots assigned to each team, once the lobby starts to fill with real players, all players will eventually be kicked out of the session and presented with a "Connection Lost" message.
- In the Custom Game Browser menu, the symbol for overall player count may appear as a magenta-colored icon.
- The Custom Game Browser does not display active Custom Games that were at one time full, but players have since left. In other words: when a player leaves an in-progress Custom Game Browser session, that Custom Game will not re-appear as an available session for other players to join via the Custom Game Browser.
- Workaround: to ensure the session is listed in the Custom Game Browser for other players to join, the Custom Game's Fireteam Leader can end the current Custom Game and begin a new Custom Game.
- When viewing a Custom Game Browser session's Details menu, an exclamation mark symbol may appear on top of the session's images or images may not load in.
- When joining a Custom Game Browser session, players may load into either a black screen or a stationary view of the map with most of the Heads-Up Display (HUD) missing.
- Workaround: pause the game, use the shortcut listed in the bottom right corner of the screen to open the Social menu, then select Leave Fireteam. After leaving the affected session, join a different Custom Game Browser session as rejoining the same session may result in the same issue.
- In the Customs Browser menu, the Relationship filter dropdown includes an option to filter by Friends. This option should read Favorites and selecting it will correctly filter the search results to show sessions hosted by Favorites.
- The kill feed sometimes disappears after a short time or will only provide information about the player being observed at the start of the match.
- At the start of a new round in a round-based mode, the Observer mode HUD setting sometimes switches to Hide.
- New - When viewing a multiplayer match's Theater film, players who joined the match while it was in progress or players mantling over objects may appear to stutter in place.
- While watching a film, players who left the match appear as options to follow and prevent swapping between other viewpoints.
- Players who left an in-progress match will be listed as active viewpoints for the entirety of that match's Theater film. Switching to this player's perspective after they left the match will prevent further changes to the camera's viewpoint.
- Workaround: Players can use the film's timeline to view an earlier part of the film and change to another player's perspective.
- After rapidly signing in with multiple splitscreen players, the game can occasionally get stuck on the “Transitioning” step (visible in the top right of the screen) and becomes unable to create a lobby without restarting the game.
- In 4-player splitscreen, if a player drops out of the fireteam and the remaining players join a game in progress, one of these players will be unable to play. That player has graphical corruption, is stuck spectating another player, and can be killed by allied players even if friendly fire is off.
- When a splitscreen fireteam member signs out of their Xbox Live account, then signs back into that account, that player cannot rejoin the fireteam within Custom Games or a Multiplayer matchmaking lobby.
- Workaround: Restarting the game fixes this.
- When playing Last Spartan Standing in splitscreen, the XP counter is not visible for all players. When this occurs, XP is still being counted and leveling up to the next loadout will still work as expected.
User Interface & Controls
- The Equip Battle Pass button is present on completed Battle Passes but does not function. Only incomplete Battle Passes can be equipped.
- Credits purchased within the Microsoft Store while the game is running do not appear in-game until after restarting the game.
- Credits purchased during the scheduled store rollover do not appear until re-opening the Buy Credits section of the Store.
- After viewing all new Customization unlocks, the new item indicator on the Customize tab along the top of the main menu may not update to reflect all new items have been viewed.
- Workaround: the new item indicator may disappear as expected after entering then backing out of any Customization sub-menu or after completing a Multiplayer match.
- After accessing the Customize menu, yellow icons may appear on the top right corner of each Customization tile under the Body & AI and Spartan ID menus.
- When previewing the Hazmat Haven Mythic Effect Set in the Shop or Armor Hall menus, the Repulsor Equipment may appear on the ground rather than on the Spartan's wrist.
- When viewing a purchasable customization bundle through the Armor Hall, Weapon Bench, Vehicle Bay or Spartan ID menus, the bundle's name is not visible.
- After purchasing a customization bundle through the Armor Hall, Weapon Bench, Vehicle Bay or Spartan ID menus then returning back to the previous Customize menu, the newly purchased item(s) may appear to be locked.
- Workaround: If the bundle was successfully purchased, the item will be unlocked upon backing out of then re-entering the Customize menu.
- After updating Xbox privacy settings while running Halo Infinite, players are required to restart Halo Infinite for the updated settings to take effect.
- The input-restricted Solo/Duo Ranked Arena playlists have been temporarily removed from matchmaking. The Crossplay playlist is still available.
- These playlists will return alongside a future game update, so stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for the latest news.
- Detachment or Argyle are listed in the Map menu for Training Mode.
- These maps are not supported in Training Mode. Attempting to load these maps will result in an error.
- The Bot Bootcamp matchmaking playlist has an inaccurate Estimated Wait time. Actual wait times may vary but should be much shorter than the listed Estimated Wait.
- After pre-purchasing the Campaign within the game, it can take up to a minute before the page updates the Buy button to a Close button.
- Academy, Custom Games, and the Mode Editor menu may not load while disconnected from the internet.
- When starting the game offline, connecting to the internet while on the main menu does not allow the player to play online.
- Workaround: Restarting the game fixes this.
- Launching Halo Infinite while disconnected from the internet or while Halo services are offline will result in multiplayer modes such as Academy and Custom Games being inaccessible. This issue will not occur in sessions where Halo Infinite is able to connect to the required services and then is later disconnected from the internet.
- Campaign is still accessible when this issue occurs.
- When the blue loading banner is visible in near the bottom of a menu, cancelling that active load by navigating to another mode's lobby may result in the game entering an unresponsive state.
- Workaround: Wait until the active loading is complete then exit out of the gameplay via the pause menu. If you enter this unresponsive state, close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
- Preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards and the Event menu may take up to two minutes to load after completing an online multiplayer match or watching a cinematic.
- In some cases, the preview tiles for Battle Pass rewards may fail to load. If this occurs, the images should refresh after completing another online match or closing then relaunching Halo Infinite.
- The Challenges, Battle Pass, Customize, and Shop menus may take up to three minutes to load. If these menus do not load within three minutes, try one of the following workarounds:
- Complete an online multiplayer match.
- On PC, lower the Maximum Frame Rate option in the Video settings menu.
- Customization items awarded via Season 2's upcoming in-game Events or included in future Shop bundles appear as "currently unavailable" and "released during Season 2."
- A future update will clarify which items are tied to Events or Shop bundles.
- When viewing the Legacy of War armor effect in the Armor Hall menu, the camera does not move to better show the effect on the Spartan's legs.
- The text chat box will not scroll down to the latest message when Speech-to-Text (STT) is enabled.
- When using the User Interface (UI) Narration feature, only the first line of the multiplayer scoreboard is narrated.
- When navigating the Ranked Arena playlist menu with a mouse and keyboard, the Estimated Wait tooltip can be replaced by tooltips related to other menu options.
- Workaround: Use the arrows keys to navigate down to the Play button and the Estimated Wait tooltip will re-appear.
- In the Ranked Arena playlist menu, changing the Ranked Queue type does not update the Estimated Wait tooltip.
- Workaround: Navigate back to the Playlist menu and re-enter the Ranked Arena playlist menu to see the correct Estimated Wait.
- lugging in a mouse & keyboard during an active game session on an Xbox console locks the player to a 45 degree look radius.
- Workaround: This issue does not occur if the mouse is already plugged in when the game is launched.
- The Horizontal Display Margin and Vertical Display Margin settings do not change these margins on Xbox One consoles.
- When using Keyboard & Mouse on console, mouse input does not work while the game is paused.
- Xbox consoles using the Instant-on system setting or the Quick Resume feature may encounter the "Multiplayer is Unavailable" error when entering with Halo Infinite via these methods.
- Workaround: Close and relaunch Halo Infinite to reconnect to online services.
- On Xbox Series X|S consoles, the Target Frame Rate option in the Video settings menu features the ability set a cap of 30Hz.
- Selecting this option will work as expected, however, gameplay will revert to 60Hz after the next relaunch of Halo Infinite.
- Workaround: To maintain the 30Hz cap, the Target Frame Rate option will need to be set to 60Hz and then back to 30Hz every time the game is launched.
- When attempting to quickly enter gameplay, Xbox One consoles may not load into matchmaking sessions or Custom Games.
- This issue occurs less often if all main menu content is allowed to load before entering a matchmaking search or Custom Game lobby.
- Players on Xbox One S and Xbox One X consoles should not experience this issue.
- The Mouse and Zoom Sensitivity options do not scale properly between the different Zoom Level options.
Social and fireteams
- Players cannot join another player’s fireteam while in an active match.
- Leaving a game while dead and attempting to rejoin the same game by joining on a friend through the Social menu causes a loop of “Unable to Join” and “Connecting to Server” errors.
See our Accessibility features in Halo Infinite for a full list of Accessibility known issues.
Local Area Network (LAN)
- New - Rarely, after connecting to a Local Area Network (LAN), a connection error message may appear and the list of players on each multiplayer team may disappear from the Custom Game menu.
- If you encounter this issue, close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
- When playing a Custom Game using the Local Area Network (LAN) server option, all players and observers will be removed from the lobby when attempting to load into either the Argyle or Detachment multiplayer maps.
- Match settings changed in the Mode Editor still show as the defaults. The changed settings work as expected once the match begins.