Updated: August 9, 2023
If your issue is not covered by this article, please check Halo Infinite Multiplayer Known Issues. That article includes global issues that can impact Campaign.
- New - Launching Halo Infinite from Steam may result in a crash if both Campaign and Multiplayer's High-Res Texture Packs are not installed. If you're experiencing this issue, use the workaround steps below to resolve the crash. If the steps below do not work, submit a Bug Report ticket so the development team can investigate.
- 1. Right click on Halo Infinite in your Steam Library and select Properties.
- 2. Select the DLC tab in the Properties menu, then uncheck the Multiplayer High-Res Textures.
- 3. Close the Properties window and allow the game to update.
- 4. Relaunch Halo Infinite. If the game is crashing at this step, return to the Properties menu and uncheck the Campaign and Campaign High-Res Textures DLC. After the resulting update, relaunch Halo Infinite to see if the game is still crashing. If the game is still crashing after uninstalling all DLC, fully reboot your PC.
- 5. If the game is now launching without issue, you can reinstall the DLC that was removed.
- When you purchase the Halo Infinite Campaign in-game, there may be a delay of several minutes while the purchase is processed before you can play.
- UI Narration may not read some collectibles information when starting a mission.
- Equipment upgrades cannot be purchased in the Upgrades menu while using the Linear Navigation accessibility feature.
- After completing the boss fight and activating the terminal at the end of the mission Spire, players in a Network Co-Op session may become stuck on a loading screen or stuck in place if they skip the cutscene. This issue only occurs when playing the mission Spire via Mission Replay.
- Fast traveling while dead may cause an endless load screen.
- Workaround: Close Halo Infinite and reload the save game on the main menu.
- The Drop Wall equipment may respawn rather than despawn if it is taking damage at the same time as its cooldown timer resets. The Dropwall will correctly despawn if another Dropwall is deployed.
- Progress earned in a save file can be inadvertently overwritten or, in some cases, corrupted by forcing Halo Infinite to close during active gameplay then loading a different save file on the next launch.
- To avoid this issue, do not use close the game via outside methods (such as Task Manager on PC or powering off the PC/console) while in active Campaign gameplay. Use the pause menu to return to the main menu then close Halo Infinite as preferred.
- When the blue loading banner is visible in near the bottom of a menu, cancelling that active load by navigating to another mode's lobby may result in the game entering an unresponsive state.
- Workaround: Wait until the active loading is complete then exit out of the gameplay via the pause menu. If you enter this unresponsive state, close and relaunch Halo Infinite.
- On Xbox consoles, players who have purchased Halo Infinite's campaign digitally may be erroneously prompted to purchase it again in-game.
- Workaround: Close and relaunch Halo Infinite to access the campaign.
- If you are unable to enter the campaign menu after closing and restarting Halo Infinite multiple times, please submit a ticket and include your console's OS version. To find your console's OS version, follow the steps below:
- Open the Settings menu on your Xbox console.
- Navigate to the System tab of the Settings menu.
- Select the Console Info button in the System menu.
- The console's OS version will be listed in the Console Info menu.
- Selecting Restart Mission in the pause menu may prompt players to restart active side missions (such as Banished Outposts or High Value Targets). This option will not reset side mission objectives as expected, but the player's position will revert to a recent checkpoint and enemies near the side mission will respawn.
On occasion, players may be unable to progress the current mission. These issues can be resolved by restarting the mission. Here are some specific scenarios that the team is aware of:
- Rarely, some doors may not unlock as expected after dying.
- Rarely, the player may repeatedly die when dismounting some Shade turrets.
To restart a mission, open the Pause menu by pressing the Menu button on an Xbox controller or Escape on a keyboard, then choose Restart Mission.