Updated Game Version: 1.2282.0.0
Install Size by Platform
- Steam: max size of 50.8 MB
- Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass for PC: max size of 12.63 GB
- Xbox consoles: max size of 1018.4 MB
New in this update
Preparing for the Custom Game Browser scale test
This patch adds a test-ready version of the Custom Game Browser (CGB) to Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It will be enabled for a limited time to stress test the CGB and prepare for a full launch. For this test, only Halo: Reach will be playable.
The test is planned to go live at 10:00 AM PST on April 29th.
Many improvements come from Halo Insiders feedback and Halo Support tickets submitted by our community. Thank you for participating and please keep submitting tickets! Below is a breakdown of fixes in this update:
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the game to crash when the active profile is signed out.
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash while the player is idle in the Main Menu for a long time.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally caused the game to crash when switching the Game Preset slider to Custom in Social Games.
- Fixed an issue where players could end up soft locked if two or more players using controllers attempted to play a title within MCC that they do not own.
Halo: Combat Evolved
- Improved audio and reverb issues on several maps. We are continuing to process feedback around this issue.
Halo 2: Anniversary
- Fixed a bug that caused the F key to always swap between frag and plasma grenades if the player had at least one of each, regardless of the player’s keybindings.
- Fixed a bug on the map “Epitaph” that caused the game to crash when placing a machine turret or plasma turret on the floating platform while New Skins is set to Enabled.
Halo 3: ODST
- Fixed a bug that caused one user in every matchmade ODST Firefight session to have the ability to end the game from the pause menu.