Matchmaking is how Halo Infinite finds players you do not know and puts you in a game together. Multiplayer games can be a combination of people you do not know and members of your fireteam. To only play with friends and avoid matchmaking, select Custom Games.
- From the main menu (Play), select Multiplayer
- Choose a multiplayer playlist from the list
- Playlists are collections of different multiplayer game modes
- If you would like to play with friends, you can add them to your fireteam at this time
- Select Play. Wait times may vary but are usually under a few minutes
- You may exit any time before your match is made. Quitting once matched or during a game is a bad experience for your teammates who are left unsupported. You will lose any stats/progress earned in the match and will be at risk of an automated or manual enforcement ban for abandoning a match.
- Members of a fireteam will be placed in the same game together, unless there are limitations for that game mode
If you’re having trouble loading into Multiplayer matches, please check Xbox Live status at Xbox Support.