Updated: January 19, 2022
Starting with no existing Halo Infinite installation:
- Installing Multiplayer only: approximately 26.53 GB
- Installing both Multiplayer and Campaign: approximately 48.42 GB
If Halo Infinite's Multiplayer Beta is already installed:
- Multiplayer update only: approximately 3.97 GB
- Campaign installation: additional download of approximately 25.86 GB
- Total of both downloads: approximately 29.83 GB total
With this update, Halo Infinite Campaign is available on Windows PCs and Xbox consoles. Campaign can be purchased in-game, online or on a physical disc. PC players should ensure their graphics card drivers are up to date and ensure their PC meets minimum specifications.
Many platforms automatically update games. The article How to update Halo Infinite has instructions for how to manually update your game or check if it is up to date.
We have a range of player guides and other support articles for Halo Infinite, including:
- How to install Halo Infinite multiplayer on PC and Xbox Consoles
- Campaign can then be purchased in-game
- How to change language settings in Halo Infinite
- Guide to Halo Infinite’s menus
- Audio troubleshooting for Halo Infinite
- How to change the Field of View (FOV) setting in Halo Infinite
- Local Area Network (LAN) multiplayer is now available. There is a known issue for LAN multiplayer:
- Match settings changed in the Mode Editor still show as the defaults. The changed settings work as expected once the match begins.
- Players with AMD Radeon RX 500 Series GPUs no longer experience crashes because Async Compute in Video Settings is turned on.
- Players who have turned off Async Compute because of this can now turn it back on.
- If Halo Infinite is launched without an internet connection, players can connect to the internet while on the main menu and play online.
- This does not resolve all scenarios where the game is launched connected to the internet, later loses internet connection, and is stuck offline until the game is restarted.
- When launching in windowed mode on Steam, the window shows correct borders.
December 14 Playlist and Service Update
New Matchmaking playlists are being introduced:
- Team Slayer
- Free-For-All (FFA) Slayer
- Fiesta Slayer
- Tactical Slayer
If you do not see these playlists in-game, close and re-launch Halo Infinite to ensure you've received the latest changes. The Matchmaking playlist menu scrolls as well, so ensure you've scrolled down to view all available options.
- Easing or removal of some difficult Challenges
- Weekly Ultimate Challenges are now less intensive
- New Challenges specific to New Playlists added in this update
- New type of Challenge that rewards in-game Personal Score
- More Event Challenges appear when an Event is active
More information is available in Halo Waypoint News: Halo Infinite Playlist and Challenge Update.
December 15 Hotfix
The following issues were resolved by the December 15 Hotfix.
- Improvements to online service connections after re-entering Halo Infinite using Quick Resume on Xbox Series X|S consoles. Players should see quicker and more stable reconnections to our services.
- MJOLNIR Armor Locker customizations collected in Campaign are now consistently unlocked in the Multiplayer Customization menu.
- Players who did not receive their customizations, either due to losing their internet connection or using Quick Resume on Xbox Series X|S consoles, should now have their customizations unlocked.
- Xbox Achievement reliability has been improved in this update.
- Achievements no longer track progress toward their completion, but will unlock as expected when their conditions are met.
- If an Achievement’s conditions were met prior to this update but the Achievement did not unlock as completed yet, it should unlock after installing this update and continuing Campaign gameplay.
Starting with no existing Halo Infinite installation:
- Installing Multiplayer only: approximately 26.54 GB
- Installing both Multiplayer and Campaign: approximately 48.4 GB
If Halo Infinite is already installed:
- Update only (all platforms): approximately 1 GB or less
January 19 Hotfix
The following issues were resolved by the January 19 Hotfix.
- Minor service adjustments to improve Big Team Battle matchmaking.
- The team is continuing to monitor and investigate this issue. Stay tuned to @HaloSupport on Twitter for updates on the investigation. Thank you for your patience.
- All players who sign into Halo Infinite between 10am PT on January 19th and 10am PT on February 16th, 2022 will receive 5 Double XP Boosts and 5 Challenge Swaps. These items will automatically be added to your inventory when you launch the game.
- Minor physics improvement to the Oddball to mitigate exploits.
- Update only (all platforms): approximately 1 GB or less.
Known Campaign Issues
Working with the developers, we have compiled a list of known issues. A few of the highest impact issues are:
- When you purchase Halo Infinite Campaign in-game, there may be a delay of several minutes while the purchase is processed before you can play.
- Equipment upgrades cannot be purchased in the Upgrades menu while using the Linear Navigation accessibility feature.
- Fast travelling while dead may cause an endless load screen.
- Workaround: Close Halo Infinite and reload the save game on the main menu.
- Very rarely, players may be unable to progress the current mission. See Halo Infinite Campaign Known Issues for more details.
- Workaround: Restart the mission.
For a full list of known issues for Halo Infinite, go to our Known Issues section.
When there is a balance change in future updates, Halo Support will include these in our release notes.
- If you experience problems with your Xbox console or Game Pass, Xbox Support can help you.
- If you have problems with your account, Microsoft or Xbox purchases, Microsoft Support can help you.
- If you have problems with other purchases, please contact the retailer you purchased your game from.
- For information about in-game purchases and how to redeem codes, see How to get support for an issue with an in-game purchase or code in Halo Infinite.
- If you experience a problem in Steam that is not an in-game issue, please contact Steam Support.
- If you missed out on Halo Infinite Technical Previews this summer and want a chance to participate in future flights, sign up for the Halo Insider Program.