The following are active issues for Halo: The Master Chief Collection as of 4/7/2021 in build 1.2241.0.0.
User Interface (UI)
- NEW – Shifting the computer’s focus away from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection splash screen that appears when launching the game occasionally causes it to become a background process. This requires a force close of the game from the task manager.
- NEW – The interface text for Visuals in the Options menu for Halo: Combat Evolved does not specify that it also changes Effects audio (non-music).
- If Halo: The Master Chief Collection is launched with HDR enabled, disabling HDR then re-enabling it causes the HDR sliders to stop functioning. Restarting the game fixes the issue.
- The nameplate and progression badges of friends are rendered past the bottom of the player roster
- Issues activating text chat can be caused by action mapping from the previous input.ini carrying over between updates. Deleting OpenTextChat_Keyboard from the input.ini may fix this issue.
- Navigating to settings while disconnected from Xbox Live after loading out of game content causes a “Server Regions Invalid” pop-up to appear. The prompt can be dismissed by selecting Restore Defaults
- While in the Settings menu, players encounter a “Save Settings” prompt after selecting Restore to Default Settings even when settings are already set to default
- The game may crash on Xbox Series X consoles when the system's Game Clip Resolution option is set to anything other than 1080p SDR. Follow the steps below to locate and adjust this option:
- On the Xbox Series X console, open the Settings app
- In the Settings app, navigate to the "Preferences" tab
- Select the "Capture and Share" option
- If prompted, enter the Xbox Live account's passcode
- Under the "Capture" heading, set the "Game Clip Resolution" option to 1080p SDR
- On PC, the game may freeze if the “Quit to Desktop” button is pressed shortly after loading the main menu
- When playing with a mouse and keyboard on PC, the “Open Text Chat” function does not work when bound to W, A, S, or D
- Gamepad settings do not revert to defaults when using "Restore to Default Settings" as a guest or secondary profile on Xbox
- On PC, the prompt for setting a keybind cannot be closed by pressing the ESC key
- When the game is set to display on a secondary monitor, the “Resolution Settings” option may display an incorrect value even when the game is rendering at the desired resolution
- Buttons in the Help Bar under Network Settings will not function after pressing "Refresh Pings" until highlighting another menu option or switching setting pages
- No messaging appears under the server list when network performance is poor
- When trying to “Save As” File Share game types and/or maps for titles you do not own, they will appear to be corrupted upon restarting Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Mouse & Keyboard on Xbox
- NEW – When a player launches MCC with only the keyboard plugged in, the keyboard cannot be used to navigate in multiple menus.
- NEW – If the player previously signed out a profile during active gameplay, they will remain on the title screen when pressing the Enter key.
- NEW – If a player signs into a profile using mouse & keyboard then signs out of it using a gamepad, they will be stuck at “Profile in Use.”
- NEW – If a player joins a leader through the roster, the final “beep” sound that plays during countdown timers does not play properly.
- NEW – Changing the audio settings for MCC on the Windows system level (within System > Sound > Advanced Sound Options) does not change the audio within Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2.
- NEW – In Halo: Reach and Halo 3, gameplay volume does not respect changes made to the Game Volume setting during gameplay.
- NEW – Rarely, main menu audio is distorted or skips after sitting in the main menu for a long time.
- NEW – When the player selects an external audio device in Windows and Voice Chat Output within MCC is set to Default, the voice chat will output to a different device than the one selected in Windows.
Known Issues by Game
To see known issues unique to each Halo game within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, check the corresponding links below: