The following are active issues for Halo: The Master Chief Collection as of 6/23/2021 in build 1.2398.0.0.
- Important: An “Untrusted File” prompt appears when playing another player’s Custom Game Browser session. This warning is false and harmless. It will be fixed so it doesn't always display in a future update.
New - Issues from Halo Support tickets
The issues in this section are being investigated further because of tickets players submitted to Halo Support.
For the first three issues below: if you encounter them, please submit a ticket with info including a timestamp for when the issue happened, the game mode, and the map. This will help us investigate them further:
- Rarely, a player can be disconnected from matchmaking after loading the map but before the gameplay starts. This also results in a short temporary matchmaking ban.
- Rarely, players can be “dropped” mid-match and are stuck on a loading screen until the match ends.
- Players can be kicked from matchmaking with a “Leaving…” notification as soon as the lobby is full.
Other player-reported issues:
- In Halo 2: Anniversary, entering or exiting a cutscene can result in being returned to the main menu.
- In Halo 2: Anniversary, while in Anniversary Mode on Xbox One X and Xbox Series X|S, framerate drops can occur.
- Players can be disconnected from an online match with a “Connection Interrupted” error.
- Please submit a ticket if you encounter this issue.
- In Halo 3, players can “freeze” several minutes into a multiplayer game.
- Please submit a ticket if you encounter this issue.
- In Halo: Reach Firefight, Challenges do not track the stats of non-host players.
- In Halo: Reach Firefight, the loadout “Loadout Alpha” has wrong or missing elements.
- In Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary co-op campaign, both players are sometimes returned to menus with a disconnect error when loading into the campaign if players have significantly different load times.
User Interface (UI)
- NEW – The Gamma (brightness) setting increases by 0.1 when updating to version 1.2398.0.0.
- NEW – The Gamma (brightness) setting resets to default when changing to Windowed mode using the F11 key on the keyboard.
- This will be fixed in a future patch. In the meantime, pausing and unpausing the game will return the Gamma to the original setting.
- NEW – In the Extras menu, while watching a cinematic, pressing the “A” button exits the video instead of the “B” button. On PC, this is the “Space” key instead of the “Esc” key.
- NEW – In the Extras menu, the Halo 2: Anniversary cinematics do not have subtitles.
- NEW – When attempting to enter a multiplayer game in a party with a player who has an extremely poor internet connection, there is a chance the countdown timer will remain at 0 forever, causing a soft lock without an error message. If attempting to create a Custom Game Browser match, the host will encounter a hard lock and must restart the game.
- Shifting the computer’s focus away from the Halo: The Master Chief Collection splash screen that appears when launching the game occasionally causes it to become a background process. This requires a force close of the game from the task manager.
- The interface text for Visuals in the Options menu for Halo: Combat Evolved does not specify that it also changes Effects audio (non-music).
- If Halo: The Master Chief Collection is launched with HDR enabled, disabling HDR then re-enabling it causes the HDR sliders to stop functioning. Restarting the game fixes the issue.
- The nameplate and progression badges of friends are rendered past the bottom of the player roster
- Issues activating text chat can be caused by action mapping from the previous input.ini carrying over between updates. Deleting OpenTextChat_Keyboard from the input.ini may fix this issue.
- Navigating to settings while disconnected from the Xbox network after loading out of game content causes a “Server Regions Invalid” pop-up to appear. The prompt can be dismissed by selecting Restore Defaults
- While in the Settings menu, players encounter a “Save Settings” prompt after selecting Restore to Default Settings even when settings are already set to default
- The game may crash on Xbox Series X consoles when the system's Game Clip Resolution option is set to anything other than 1080p SDR. Follow the steps below to locate and adjust this option:
- On the Xbox Series X console, open the Settings app
- In the Settings app, navigate to the "Preferences" tab
- Select the "Capture and Share" option
- If prompted, enter the Xbox network account's passcode
- Under the "Capture" heading, set the "Game Clip Resolution" option to 1080p SDR
- On PC, the game may freeze if the “Quit to Desktop” button is pressed shortly after loading the main menu
- When playing with a mouse and keyboard on PC, the “Open Text Chat” function does not work when bound to W, A, S, or D
- Gamepad settings do not revert to defaults when using "Restore to Default Settings" as a guest or secondary profile on Xbox
- On PC, the prompt for setting a keybind cannot be closed by pressing the ESC key
- When the game is set to display on a secondary monitor, the “Resolution Settings” option may display an incorrect value even when the game is rendering at the desired resolution
- Buttons in the Help Bar under Network Settings will not function after pressing "Refresh Pings" until highlighting another menu option or switching setting pages
- No messaging appears under the server list when network performance is poor
- When trying to “Save As” File Share game types and/or maps for titles you do not own, they will appear to be corrupted upon restarting Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- NEW – The Gear menu preview model for previously selected weapon or vehicle skins resets to default after restarting the game. The selected skins are still active, but the preview model does not show them.
- If a player joins a leader through the roster, the final “beep” sound that plays during countdown timers does not play properly.
- Changing the audio settings for MCC on the Windows system level (within System > Sound > Advanced Sound Options) does not change the audio within Halo: Combat Evolved or Halo 2.
- In Halo: Reach and Halo 3, gameplay volume does not respect changes made to the Game Volume setting during gameplay.
- Rarely, main menu audio is distorted or skips after sitting in the main menu for a long time.
Known Issues by Game
To see known issues unique to each Halo game within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, check the corresponding links below: